Main Line Railways of North Wales
This is www.2d53.co.uk. Here you'll find photographs of trains on the North Wales main line railways, taken between 1975 and 1983, together with timetables, signal box locations and extracts from official documents issued between 1960 and 1991.
Comments are very welcome. Please email them to
Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to send comments - they are much appreciated.
WHAT’S NEW? (Site Last updated 2nd April 2018)
- 2 new pages on the Burry Port and Gwendraeth Valley Railway in the 1980s added to the South Wales page.
- Pre-resignalling 2018 track diagrams added for Abergele, Rhyl, Talacre and Holywell Jn
- New page of Signal Box closure dates between 1950 and 2018
- A new Class 24s "On Tour" page
- Cambrian Coast Express, Festiniog Explorer and (another) Cambrian Coast Express added to the 70s Railtours page
All images on this site are copyright Dave Plimmer © 2002-2018 and may not be reproduced in any form without prior consent.