Main Line Railways of North Wales
This is www.2d53.co.uk. Here you'll find photographs of trains on the North Wales main line railways, mostly taken between 1975 and 1983, together with timetables, signal box locations and extracts from official documents issued between 1960 and 1992.
Comments are very welcome. Please email them to
Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to send comments - they are much appreciated.
WHAT’S NEW? (Site Last updated 18th January 2021)
- A table listing Class 24 loco arrivals added to the Swindon for Scrap page.
- New Stored at Crewe Class 24 page added.
- Corrected the text on the Blaenau Tunnel Approaches page which has been completely wrong for some time.
- Trip Notices for April 1966 and May 1978 added. Many thanks to Colin Adams for the scans of these.
- A new Coal Traffic page added for Bangor.
All images on this site are copyright Dave Plimmer © 2002-2021 and may not be reproduced in any form without prior consent.