Main Line Railways of North Wales
This is www.2d53.co.uk. Here you'll find photographs of trains on the North Wales main line railways, mostly taken between 1975 and 1983, together with timetables, signal box locations and extracts from official documents issued between 1960 and 1992.
Comments are very welcome. Please email them to
Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to send comments - they are much appreciated.
WHAT’S NEW? (Site Last updated 1st February 2022)
- Added new railtour pages for the Tame and Thame, Humber Navigator II and East Midland railtours.
- Added new railtours pages for the IMinE railtours of October 1989 - North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and South Midland.
- Added a couple of pages about British Oak in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. Firstly, as a first page in a new Yorkshire section, and also a subset describing a BLS visit.
- Added new railtours pages for the Brentford Bard, Northern Explorer, Grampian Explorer, Pathfinder Scot II and Itchen-Piddle.
- New Class 76s pages added.
All images on this site are copyright Dave Plimmer © 2002-2022 and may not be reproduced in any form without prior consent.