Beyond the tubular bridge, the railway skirted the very edge of the castle, before breaking through the town walls.
The Lledr Valley Express railtour heads towards Holyhead after visiting Blaenau Ffestiniog. Hauled by 24133 and 24087, it is seen curving round the base of the castle and through the town walls. To the right is the site of the goods yard - still in a fairly derelict state at this time. 19th February 1977.
47349 leaves the Tubular Bridge bound for Holyhead on the 14th May 1977.
The 1508 Holyhead - Manchester Victoria skirts the castle and enters the western portal of the Tubular Bridge on the 11th February 1978.