Once an intermediate station and signal box between Colwyn Bay and Llandudno Junction, by the 1970s, Mochdre was only marked by a grassy strip between the two tracks of the main line.
On 25th June 1077, the M&GNRS ran the Conway Bay Express from London Euston to Blaenau Ffestiniog. Between Crewe and Llandudno Junction and return, 47123 provided the motive power, and it is on the return leg that we see the 47 passing Mochdre, hauling 13 coaches back to Crewe.
Much documented elsewhere on this site, 24047 is seen on the 16:42 Llandudno - Crewe on the 10th July 1978, approaching the site of Mochdre and Pabo signalbox. Within a few years, the railway had to move aside at this point, to share the once rural valley of the Afon Ganol with the new A55.
On the weekend that the relocated line came into use, a view eastwards from the bridge at Mochdre shows the relative positions of the old and new lines. January 1984.