Main Line Railways of North Wales
This is www.2d53.co.uk. Here you'll find photographs of trains on the North Wales main line railways, mostly taken between 1975 and 1983, together with timetables, signal box locations and extracts from official documents issued between 1960 and 1992.
Comments are very welcome. Please email them to
Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to send comments - they are much appreciated.
WHAT’S NEW? (Site Last updated 14th February 2021)
- New Class 76s pages added.
- Added new railtours pages for the Merseyside Express, yet another Cambrian Coast Express and the Pembroke Pioneer.
- Added a Blaenau Ffestiniog Goods Yard page as a reworking of a 19 year old "25 Years Ago" page. As I continue to demise that feature, pictures will move into appropriate new or existing pages.
- A number of timetables added or updated to include the 1966 data provided by Colin Adams. Blaenau Ffestiniog branch timetable graph updated to include freight info for 1966, 1978, 1987 and 1989. Again, many thanks to Colin for the information.
- A timeline page for storage and withdrawal of the Crewe class 24s added.
All images on this site are copyright Dave Plimmer © 2002-2021 and may not be reproduced in any form without prior consent.